Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"About Me"

     Hi there, my name is Ryan and I am currently seeking to obtain my M.ED. at Southern New Hampshire University. I am originally from a small town in rural Ohio and a graduate of Bowling Green State University. I enjoy family, friends, my pets, sports, and especially Ohio State football and basketball. Upon graduation from college, I moved to South Carolina where I spent some time working for Monster.com. After working in the "business world" I realized that this is not how I wanted to spend the rest of my life. I learned about an alternative teaching program in South Carolina and soon thereafter accepted a position as an 8th grade social studies teacher and basketball coach. Monster.com has a slogan, "Your calling is calling" and last year I finally felt that I had found my calling. After a couple of months on the job I knew this is exactly what I wanted to do with my life. However, I was concerned that since I was enrolled in an alternative program and not a traditional path to  teacher certification, obtaining a teaching job in my home state of Ohio may be difficult. Furthermore, Ohio requires a master's degree of its teachers after so many years on the job. I then decided pursuing my master's degree was the best course of action to take in obtaining both my professional and personal dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment